Portsmouth Guildhall is delighted to welcome The Maker's Guild into the building, Portsmouth's first public access making space.
Opening in early Spring 2017.
Hosted on the upper second floor of the historic building, The Maker's Guild provides a community makerspace, with a range of tools and facilities to help people get creative.
The space will be offered to:
- Artists & Makers
- Students & Graduates
- The wider community
Providing them with:
- Dedicated studio workstations
- Flexible hot desk workspace
- Access to tools & machinery
- Digital fabrication services (3D printing & Laser cutting)
- Shared meeting & discussion area
- Exhibition and display space
- Project Storage
- Access to materials and parts
- An ethos of collaboration
- A facility to stimulate STEM subjects
- A space for events
- A group website
- Networking opportunities
- A base for buyers to commission work
The Maker's Guild will also develop community workshops generating social impact by offering tailored creative engagement sessions for all to take part in. This ranges from small activities to improve skills, confidence & well being, to more large scale creative community projects.
Access to the facility will be on a membership basis, with varying membership types including; Full access membership, Hot-desking and day passes.
Aiming to be open Monday to Friday from 9am – 8pm and Saturdays 10am-4pm
Find the Maker's Guild on: Twitter Instagram