Door time: 7pm
This event is now sold out, join our waiting list by CLICKING HERE!
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds announce their first UK live performance for 2024 with an intimate headline show at Portsmouth’s Guildhall on Wednesday 20th March. Tickets will be on sale from Friday 15th December at 9am GMT.
The Portsmouth show will take place ahead of four huge outdoor performances in summer 2024, including Wigan’s Robin Park (Thursday 18th July), London’s Alexandra Palace Park (Saturday 20th July), as well as returning to Cardiff Castle (Wednesday 17th July), and Halifax’s The Piece Hall (Thursday 1st August) following sell out shows at these venues in 2022.
Fans can look forward to a set of songs including a wide selection of Oasis classics, as well as featuring a cross section of material from the past dozen years of Noel Gallagher’s highly successful career as a solo artist with his band, the High Flying Birds.
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds recently released two new versions of the classic Oasis songs ‘Going Nowhere’ and ‘The Masterplan’, recorded at London’s iconic Abbey Road Studios. Both songs have become mainstays in recent live sets, and met with a rapturous response. The original recorded versions of both tracks appear on Oasis’ B-sides album ‘The Masterplan’ which recently celebrated its 25th anniversary, re-entering the UK Official Albums Chart at No. 2 in November.
Today’s announcement comes ahead of Noel’s much anticipated run of sold out British arena shows this month, including London’s Wembley Arena on Thursday 14th December. The shows follow a busy November that has taken in touring across three continents, and cap off a highly active 2023 for Noel, which has seen the release of the critically and commercially acclaimed album ‘Council Skies’, a mammoth 26 date USA tour, and epic headline outdoor shows including Crystal Palace Bowl and Brighton Beach. The summer culminated with the band’s biggest ever headline gig to date, a celebratory homecoming show at Manchester’s Wythenshawe Park on August Bank Holiday weekend. The performances were rapturously received, described as “emotional and thrilling” by the BBC, “typically legendary” by the Daily Mirror, and “sounding bigger and bolder than ever” by CLASH.
‘Council Skies’ has been described as “his best post-Oasis album” by MOJO (making the magazine’s Top 20 Albums Of The Year), “his most personal album in decades” by The Big Issue, “Noel hits his solo stride” by UNCUT and “some of the best songs of his post-Oasis career” by Rolling Stone UK. Record Collector awarded Council Skies their Album Of The Month, declaring “exactly the album Gallagher should be making to remind people how good he can be”.
Current Single ‘We’re Gonna Get There In The End’ was originally released as a demo on New Years Eve 2020 as an uplifting message of hope, later becoming the final track on the ‘Council Skies’ album, tying together bright horns with insightful lyrics in a track that offers great optimism. Following suit from ‘Open The Door, See What You Find’, ‘Pretty Boy’, ‘Easy Now’, and title track ‘Council Skies’; ‘We’re Gonna Get There In The End’ lands its spot as the emotive finale of what is widely regarded as Noel’s most complete solo statement to date. The single is currently receiving airplay from key national daytime radio playlists. ‘Council Skies’ is available now on CD, heavyweight vinyl with bonus 7”, LP picture disc plus various digital formats including a Dolby Atmos spatial audio version. All Council Skies formats are available here. Last remaining tickets for Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds’ December headline arena tour are available here.
To add a hospitality package CLICK HERE
(Add up to 24 hours before show, subject to availability)
1. This ticket is a personal, revocable license and, at all times, remains the property of the Promoters. This ticket must be surrendered to the Promoters upon request.
2. This ticket is sold on behalf of the Promoters to the Consumer. Business or traders are specifically prohibited from purchasing for this event. Any who do so will have their tickets cancelled.
3. Ticket resale is permitted at no more than the price you paid (face value + booking fee). Please only use the official resale partner www.twickets.live. Selling tickets through unauthorised resale platforms will breach our T&Cs and those tickets may be cancelled.
4. Ticket sales are limited to 4 per person per show. Only tickets purchased through approved agents are valid. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission.
5. Admission to this event is at all times subject to any terms, conditions or rules of the Promoter and the venue operator. You must also adhere to the Promoter or venue operator’s specific terms of entry and protocols surrounding Covid-19 – this could be, but is not limited to, an obligation to provide negative lateral flow tests or provide vaccination certificates. If you do not comply with any Promoter or venue terms, conditions or rules then the Promoter or venue operator may refuse admission or require you or other ticket holders to leave the venue and you will not be entitled to a refund.