APPLY FOR A GRANT
To apply for a grant, please read the below information and then complete our Application Form
How much can I apply for?
From £250 to £4,000
Do I need to match fund?
Match funding is required- this could also be in-kind.
Who is eligible?
- Your activity can be working with young people in or out of the school setting.
- Activities can be of any artform.
- Applications can be made by an Arts Organisation, freelance artist, community group or school.
- Delivery needs to be working with young people within a PO postcode.
- Applications are required to meet aims set out below.
- The activities must take place within one year of receipt of award.
- Only one grant can be awarded to the same grantee in a one year period.
What are the Criteria for projects?
For requests up to £1000, you will need to detail how your project contributes to at least 2 of the following criteria.
For larger requests of £1001-£4000, you should detail how your project contributes to at least 4 of the following criteria.
- Young people’s academic achievements e.g. projects incorporating Arts Award will be looked upon favourably.
- Young people’s well-being or soft-skills development
- Young people’s cultural development
- Increased access to arts and cultural provision. This could be through working with a specific group of young people usually excluded from provision.
- Develop staff confidence and ability at utilising arts within the school/community setting.
- Raise young people’s aspiration.
Evaluation- you must be committed to completing the evaluation form which demonstrates project outcomes.
Are there restrictions to what I can apply for?
What you can apply for:
Production costs e.g. materials, equipment costs
Artist/ facilitator fees
School transport costs
What you can’t apply for:
Projects which have already started or taken place
Events intended to raise funds for non‐arts causes
Requests to pay off loans or deficits
How do I apply:
Complete the Application Form and send:
By Post: FAO Hayley Reay, Portsmouth Guildhall, Portsmouth, PO1 2AB
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , referencing ‘Hornpipe Arts for Schools, Small Grants Scheme’
The deadline for the next round of applications is:
No later than 5pm Monday 25th September 2023.
You will be notified within 3 weeks of the closing date of each round if your application has been successful.
In some instances we may not be able to meet the entire request but may be able to offer a contribution. Please note, we only have a limited amount of money available each quarter and are not able to fund every application we receive. Due to limited resources we are not able to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications but encourage people to not be deterred from applying again in the future.