Weekly from Tuesday 7th June
The award-winning UVG – The Urban Vocal Group is launching two new weekly groups for 7-18 years olds in Gosport starting on Tuesday 7th June!
Meeting at Rowner Youth Arts and Media Centre, formerly the Nimrod Community Centre, the FREE weekly sessions will support young people to aspire and achieve through singing and music-making activities whilst making friends and having fun.
Sessions for those aged 7-11 years will run from 5 – 5.45pm, and for 12-18 years from 6 – 7.30pm. All abilities are welcome – there are no auditions and there is no need to book – just turn up on the day.
UVG – The Urban Vocal Group, which is part of The Guildhall Trust, has been supporting young people in the community since 2008 with established youth vocal groups available in Portsmouth and Havant and a range of mentoring and skills development opportunities on offer.
Over 18,000 opportunities have been provided (all of which for young people have been provided free of charge) that engage people in singing and music-making, develop transferable skills and nurture positive health and wellbeing. Performance opportunities are also available for those that wish, including the opportunity to perform at Portsmouth Guildhall and festivals/events in the area.
Co-Founder and UVG Projects Manager for The Guildhall Trust, Charlie Fletcher said “We are delighted to be bringing the magic of UVG to Gosport! The impact that being part of one of our groups can have is astonishing – to see young people grow in their abilities, confidence and just be having fun away from daily pressures is amazing to see. If you enjoy singing, this is the group for you – and it’s FREE – so come along and give it a try!
Current members of UVG – The Urban Vocal Group, and their parent/guardian, would also recommend UVG to the young people of Gosport:
- “UVG has really helped me – I think it’s the best club I have ever been too”
- “Very fun, great way to make new friends and a great community”
- “UVG is the best freaking time of my week!”
- “Before joining my son had very little confidence in being able to make friends. He absolutely feels that he’s connecting with other members and has grown in confidence as a result”
- “UVG is so important for my child. It is where they can be themselves and shine in something they enjoy and be given encouragement and confidence in singing and self-worth in such a positive way. It’s a proud parent moment when you see your child on the video clips and in shows and see how your child has blossomed through UVG”.